Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Multi-task Failure

So there are studies that say we can't multi-task.  BRACE YOURSELF I'M ABOUT TO POST A LINK!!!!......
Here goes:Multi Task Link

I did it. You may hold your applause and read the article if you wish. I literally googled, "humans can't multi-task" and that was the first one that came up. I figured I needed some backing. Now that I've thrown in some facts about something, let's move forward. (Said like a true politician eh?)

I decided to post this for one reason. I was trying to sweep a huge volume of paper clips, which are more like Useless Metal That Children Unbend for Entertainment Purposes, into a little plastic bucket thing that holds all the paper clips.  And as I was doing so a phone call came in and next thing I know my feet are covered in paper clips.  I did all that in the name of science.

You'd think that we'd learn how to multi-task sometime in our lives. I mean, I can apply lipgloss, eat a burrito, talk on the phone, and drive a manual transmission by myself, but that's just dangerous. (I live life on the edge--the edge of getting pulled over anyway).  Also, don't ask why I would want to apply lipgloss and eat a burrito at the same time.

Here's another link: Second Multi Task Link Admire my creative link-naming abilities. Thanks.
This one says we don't multi-task, we simply do stuff in quick succession. Ok, this makes sense to me.

So...when we say men can't multi-task, we're simply saying that they can't do several things one right after the other. (We being Science:Third Link. Ever. ) This makes sense. Sorry men, but you can't task-switch. And if anyone hits me with some immature joke about  men being able to do many women in short succession........I will not be impressed because I already came up with it and I only approve of immature jokes, like "That's what she said," or "Your mom," for their originality and creativity.

Ok so now I'm going to go throw away the foil from my tuna fish sandwich and look at the time. Then I will put on some chapstick, scratch my arm where I got a sunburn last weekend, and suck at my teeth where some tunafish is still residing from lunch. Multi-tasking like a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment